Friday, April 2, 2010

Create a Character.


Stormy Weather by ~SyntheticPlatypus on deviantART

So this is the next in my series of exercises. The card that I picked for this one was to "Design a Character" don't worry about back story or anything of the like. Just create a character.

So, I did.

When I was younger I would always create anthropomorphic characters of elements (water, fire, wind, nature..."Gooo Planet") and so I thought I would revisit this mindset and create a storm.

I've been focusing in drawing more real lately (don't ask why...I've had the itch) so I created a character in motion, dancing and swirling around creating stormy chaos. She enjoys her work, thus the smile.

I decided to "kick it, old school" and did this as a watercolor. I wanted a more non-linear look (for the clouds) and knew I could achieve the look I wanted with the paints. I only used black for this just using various shades.

I enjoyed making her and using the watercolors so expect more of things like this eventually.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know where your experiments are going to take you, but it's been a very entertaining ride so far.

    Did you decide to dispense with the pink here?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did. I wanted something that looked more professional and modern.

    ReplyDelete